B. Sc. Nursing
BSc Nursing is a 4-year undergraduate course, divided into 8 semesters that aims to provide an in-depth nursing training to the candidates.
Candidates who have successfully completed their 10+2 exams from a recognized board and are from the Science stream with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as their compulsory subjects are eligible to apply.
Duration: 4 Years
Eligibility: 1o + 2
- Must have passed 10+2 Pre University or equivalent, which is recognized by Rajiv Gandhi Health Sciences, Bangalore with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as the main science subjects.
- Minimum marks for eligibility in the above subjects in aggregate should be 45%. However it is relaxable to not less than 40% to reserved categories (Scheduled Caste or scheduled tribe).
- Candidate must have completed 17 years of age on or before 31st December of the year of admission.
- Candidate must be able to speak, read and write English well.
- Physical fitness certificate must be produced at the time of admission. However on admission health checkup and physical examination will be done at our Jayashree multispecialty Hospital.
Documents required during the time of admissions are as follows:
- S.S.L.C/Xth Standard Marks Cards (Original+ 3 attested copies).
- IInd PUC/XIIth Standard Marks Cards (Original+ 3 attested copies)
- Transfer/C.L.C Certificate from Previous (Original+ 3 attested copies).
- Migration Certificate (Original+ 3 attested copies).
- Character Certificate from the previous institution (Original+ 3 attested copies).
- The Candidates coming from out of state must obtain eligibility certificate from Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore.
- SC/ST/OBC Certificate (applicable only if it is attested).
- The university shall conduct two examinations annually at an interval of not less than 4 to 6 months as notified by the university from time to time. A candidate who satisfies the requirement of attendance, progress and conduct as stipulated by the university shall be eligible to appear for the university examination.
- Minimum pass marks shall be 50% in each of the theory and practical separately.
- Internal assessment tests will be conducted periodically to evaluate the student’s performance in each subject. The average marks will be sent to the university as internal assessment, for both theory and practical.
- A model exam will be conducted before the university examination.
- Carry over system: The benefit of carry over system is extended to the students of Diploma Nursing course. The candidates shall complete all the subjects of first year before appearing for third year examinations.
- A minimum of not less than 80 % attendance in theory and practical / clinical separately in each subject in each academic year is essential for appearing in the examination. A candidate pursuing in the course shall study in the college for the entire period as a full time student. No candidate is permitted to work in a hospital / nursing home / laboratory / college while studying this course. No candidate should join any other course of study or appear for any other examination conducted by this university or any other university in India or abroad during the period of registration.