Post B. Sc. Nursing
Post Basic Bachelor of Science in Nursing admissions is an undergraduate Nursing course. It is also termed as P.B.B.Sc. (Nursing) which is an acronym of the course, similarly some institutes have acronyms such as P.B.B.Sc(Nsg) and B.Sc. (N) in their brochures for the same course. PB BSC Nursing is a healthcare profession related to the care of individuals, families, and communities; so, they may attain, maintain, or recover optimal health and quality of life from conception to death. The All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Delhi is providing in two years. The minimum time to complete the course is also differentiating from institute to institute. The course may also be available on part-time basis in some certain institutes.
Duration: 2 Years
Eligibility: 1o + 2
- Students must have been passed the Higher Secondary/Senior Secondary/Intermediate/10+2 or an equivalent examination from a recognized School Board. Those who have completed10+1 in or before 1986, will be eligible for admission.
- Those who have a certificate in General Nursing and Midwifery also called as GNM and registered as R.N.R.M. with the State Nurses Registration Council also are eligible for Post Basics BSc Nursing admission.
- A male nurse, trained before the implementation of the new integrated course besides being registered as a nurse with State Nurses Registration Council, shall produce evidence of training approved by Indian Nursing Council for a similar duration in lieu of midwifery in any one of the following areas such as O.T. Techniques, Ophthalmic Nursing, Leprosy Nursing, TB Nursing, Psychiatric Nursing, Neurological and Neurosurgical Nursing, Community Health Nursing, Cancer Nursing and Orthopedic Nursing.
- They will be medically completely fit and admitted once in a year
Documents required during the time of admissions are as follows:
- Marks card of the qualifying examination (GNM Diploma certificate).
- SSLC marks card (with date of birth).
- Transfer/C.L.C Certificate from Previous (Original+ 3 attested copies).
- Migration Certificate (Original+ 3 attested copies).
- Character Certificate from the previous institution (Original+ 3 attested copies).
- The Candidates coming from out of state must obtain eligibility certificate from Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore.
- SC/ST/OBC Certificate (applicable only if it is attested).